Under Construction \  The Pavement Princess

The Pavement Princess

Under Construction General Discussions
views 8369
replies 167
following 100

chumpchange   +1y
Edited: 11/26/2007 4:55:36 PM by ChumpChange

11/11/07 This is my new project I am starting on with help from my wife, son, joe and brandon. It is my wifes truck just picked it up for free last week for her!!! Started the tear down last Sunday evening and as of tonight nothing but a frame left.
Plans are Stock floored and traditional to get it 3/8th's from the doors on 20's, 3/4 frame from firewall back, frame air tank, suicide doors, shaved body, sheet metal bed, SBC V-8, Painted pearl pink with Sheet metal dash and Tan leather interior. will be cleaner then my taco and have a ton more work done to it. She is pretty excited to have her own after all of the years working on mine. let us know what you think....

chumpchange   +1y
Edited: 11/26/2007 4:55:58 PM by ChumpChange

update........11/15/07 worked on it for 2 hours tonight, got the drivers side frame rail partially built needs to be finish welded and trimmed and ends capped off to make it air tight. going to do the drivers side and back cross members this weekend and have it all buttoned up and trimmed out. more pics this weekend.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
chumpchange   +1y
Edited: 11/26/2007 4:56:27 PM by ChumpChange

11/20/07 finished up the frame tonight. took it out of the stock frame and fully welded it up. added two bungs and aired it up. to my surprise there were only a handfull of small pinhole leaks. going to mark and drill them then weld them back up in the next day or so. after that it is time to grind and smooth all welds and prep them for filler work ugh!!! and then put it back in the stock frame and weld and plate it up. frame is set up for a 27 inch tall wheel/tire combo and holds 8.3 gallons of air. rear is narrowed 6 inches. she is super excited and i cant wait to get this part done and over with so i can move onto cutting the body up and mounting the link and laying it out for the first time. let us know what you think
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
chumpchange   +1y
well we got some work done tonight on it. got the new frame all tacked in and the factory frame back half cut off. the rest of the factory frame that i wasnt going to use is cut off and ground down to make room for the filler plates. Lots of welding and grinding this next week and i hope to build the 4 link in the next week or so. Frame is at 120 psi and has held it for a day and a half so i am pretty happy about that. heres the pics of the frame and the carnage left once the sawzall quit running enjoy.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bbb   +1y
I hope my wife doesn't see this. Shes gonna want to bag and body drop her Sport Trac! LOL
cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
Where do you find these woman? The last girl I dated would rather ride in my work truck. Nice project you got going.
crazygenius13   +1y
I hope this thread keeps going at this pace. Looks nice, how exactly did you find the air capacity of the frame?
renny   +1y
lookin good man.........
cookiemonster13   +1y
looks like something someone who lives in WV would build. silly WV people

cookie

looks awesome man, and apparently at this pace you should be driving it by christmas.
grounded-97   +1y
looks good bro, i know how you feel my girl has already started planning for her colorado, good luck with the rest of the build