threads
Page 2 of 3
Body work and Paint \  Matrix Systems Paint, anybody use it?

Matrix Systems Paint, anybody use it?

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 8929
replies 22
following 19

coolpaintprofessor   +1y
Matrix Is good paint like some others said it is a clone of PPG, even the toners for the mixing system hafe the same identical can numbers and names of each toner if you like PPG you'll like Matrix
ShaveDnFlamed99   +1y
Dont use Matrix if you're trying to color match anything they suck as far as that goes. Even if you were to try to repaint a bumper later on down the road that was rock chiped or whatnot it will never match to the rest of the body color
killerc10   +1y
Originally posted by ShaveDnFlamed99

Dont use Matrix if you're trying to color match anything they suck as far as that goes. Even if you were to try to repaint a bumper later on down the road that was rock chiped or whatnot it will never match to the rest of the body colorTHATS WHAT I WAS SAYING! USE IT AS A OVERALL PAINT JOB AND SMALL STUFF ITS OKAY! BUT LIKE I SAID IF YOU ARE IN THE COLLISION BUSINESS AND ARE A PRODUCTION PAINTER DONT USE IT! COLORS DONT MATCH LIKE IT SAYS IT DOES! FOR OVERALL JOBS ITS GOOD THE 42 CLEAR IS REALLY NICE AND ITS CHEAP ALSO IT LAST A WHILE
killerc10   +1y
Edited: 11/21/2007 4:40:26 PM by KILLERC10

THE MATRIX SYSTEM USE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS,I USED THE 42 CLEAR.MATRIX FOR PRIMER TO CLEAR
post photo
Jance Customs   +1y
"Instigator" was painted with Matrix paint.
Lance696   +1y
ive used it and it works REALLY WELL !!!! so does PPG's new line of product.. "ShopLine" it sprays really nice and is slick as glass
NRlaydtaco   +1y
I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED TO PAINT MY TRUCK AND ITS ALL MATRIX PRIMER SEALER HARDENER. JUST HAVE TO FINISH THE TRUCK
92fordranger   +1y
Edited: 11/25/2007 10:49:32 AM by low89mitsu

not very good for collision work and tryn to match paint its always off but but we use it and rm at wrk for any thing else and mainly matrix for custom jobs, and i personally like sikkens for projects that i shoot
thebagged1   +1y
yea good thing my work are ballers and use all sikkens in collision work.. woohoo i got masssssssive discount on my paint for truck... but shit atelast they could do for spending 15k a week on paint
KEEF   +1y
I wont use anything but Matrix anymore i love the shit and have had no matching problems except when i got some of the cheaper standard basecoat. I use the Autoglas European clear and that shit is badass. We've got a system coming so itll all be in house including the FX line