threads
Page 1 of 2
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  S.F.B.D 89 chevy reg cab swb. How to articles?

S.F.B.D 89 chevy reg cab swb. How to articles?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 1360
replies 13
following 10

bowtied   +1y
Hey guys i am gonna be stockflooring my reg cab 89 chevy fullsize short bed soon. I was wanting to do a little studying on whats the best way to do this particular kind of vehicle. People do them all the time so i assume theres plenty of info about doen them. Just need to know where to look. Any help would be awesome. Buildup pic's of you you did yours would be awesome too. THanks for the help, josh.
ShakinPlates   +1y
bump im in the same boat as this guy ^
dragmatic   +1y
There is a VERY extensive article on how to do this on FULLSIZECHEVY.COM. I have a friend who just used it to help with his.
95FullSiZE   +1y
yeah man the Fullsize chevy forum is a great group to be a part of. Everyone has info on there. I just recently stock floored mine so if u guys have anything you need cleared up i prolly could help so just PM me...
Master Fabber   +1y
This has to be one of the easier trucks to body drop. 2x4 1/4 will lay rocker. 2x3 1/4 will lay door. Good luck. Post pics as you go please!
bowtied   +1y
Anybody else able to help out here? i would like some tech articles. Or just tell me where to look...? I've looked on fsc.com and can't find anything. Guy told me they were mostly lifted 4x4 guys on there??? Any help would be appriciated! Thanks fellas.
Project_Overkill   +1y
re-check the fsc forums. sign up and look in the tech forums and street forums. lots of info and pics, jsut have to search a little. must be a member to search. i've been on FSC for 6 yrs.. tons of info for chevy fullsize trucks. i'm in process of sfbd'n mine now.
974door   +1y
Whatever you do, don't tell if them you have a two link. Everybody on there has some kinda religous thing for 4-link. Other than that, it's a badass site.
bowtied   +1y
No don't worry i don't have a 2 link. I learned my lesson watchen some friend run 2 links not knowen they shouldn't run side-side with them. So since i wanted side's i ran a parallel 4 witha panhard. So yeah, no 2 link here (EVER)
shakey   +1y
Originally posted by 974door

Whatever you do, don't tell if them you have a two link. Everybody on there has some kinda religous thing for 4-link. Other than that, it's a badass site.

theres a reason for that..