threads
Page 1 of 2
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  Will This Frame Fit?

Will This Frame Fit?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 1736
replies 12
following 8

BankruptRam   +1y
I'm needing to know if any of the fullsize chevy dually frames from C-10 to the 88-98 body style will fit under a 1953 Chevy Truck. I bought my girl a 1953 Chevy 1 Ton Dually and need to put an independent front end under it. A full frame would be nice too. Anybody ever done this with a dually frame or would it be the same as a 1/2 ton?

lunatiksblazer   +1y
always could stock floor her
bodydropped   +1y
it will fit ive seen it done before unno what all mods have to be done but a guy did it on 67-72chevytrucks.com
shvdass   +1y
The track width will be way to wide, at least on a half ton. The most common swap lateley has been usuing a s-10 frame, the wheelbase is within an inch and actually makes the rear wheels line up in the fenders better. There are kits out there to add body mounts in the correct location, but they are pricey. I think the 1 ton is the same size as the half ton, but with the s10 swap you would obviously loose any towing capacity.
STUD1Y   +1y
the 53 it's going into is a dually guys, the s10 won't work.
BankruptRam   +1y
Does anyone know the width of a Dually front end? I plan on building a frame from the clip back anyways. I dont want to have to narrow it but will if absolutely necessary. I just want it to lay running boards on 22s which should be easy since the running boards are about 5 or 6inches below the door.

BankruptRam   +1y
Any help?

jspeter51   +1y
Is it a COE or standard front end.
If it is the standard front end, the width of a fullsize is way too wide. I tried it on my 53 Burb. The tires stuck out a rediculous amount. The S10 width is perfect in the front but narrow in the rear, which works good for a single wide tire , but not a dually.
You can use an S10 frame and back-half it and make it as wide as you would need.
BankruptRam   +1y
It is a standard front end. I dont think an s10 would work since it will be a tow truck with a 454 engine. Are there any other options on what frame to put it on?

STUD1Y   +1y
i would use a frame from a c10.

they're nice and narrow, and easily adaptable to a mustang II front clip.

Look into some of the older c20,c30 frames. maybe the 4x4 models as well would help.