Page 1 of 3
Tools \  What Kind Of Welder To Get

What Kind Of Welder To Get

Tools Q & A
views 1160
replies 22
following 19

brcoffey   +1y
I plan on welding frames and sheet metal what kinds of welders to u suggest and does anyone have any for sale or should i just by new and i also need a plasma cutter let me know
rwloper   +1y
I've been looking at the Miller 180 and it seems to bpretty versatile. I'm probably gonna buy it pretty soon
Minty Fresh Maz   +1y
Buy the Biggest one you can afford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps- u can cut sorta like a plasma with your argon tank and a simple kit...

someone on here i'm sure will elaborate on these points
olskoolpup   +1y
i would get a miller 180, lincoln 175, or hobart 180. all are good welders for about $750-800.

as far as a plasma goes...noone really NEEDS one. thats sure luxury. plan to spend some dough on one tha will cut 1/4". OR, you can grab a Cobra welding/cutting torch for about $350 and oxygen and acetylene bottles and get similar results.
Uncle Fester   +1y
Millermatic 175 and love it.
Some day get a plasma
TwistedMinis   +1y
Miller 175.

Just pray you don't need a warranty part, its like pulling teeth without anesthesia.
shvd neon   +1y
i gota a couple lincoln welders i just got the 175 and its pretty sweet
Pneufab   +1y
Originally posted by TwistedMinis

Miller 175.

Just pray you don't need a warranty part, its like pulling teeth without anesthesia.

Do you care to elaborate Seth? I work for a Miller Distributer and authorized repair center and they are awesome to deal with. What issues did you have?

t
flamesaway   +1y
I got a Hobart Handler 175 works great and pretty affordable also have a Hobart Airforce 250a Plasma and it rocks for sheet metal and such.
scotto79   +1y
Millermatic 180, the 175 was changed to the 180 for this year