Page 1 of 6
Under Construction \  Project: NvrDoneD50

Project: NvrDoneD50

Under Construction General Discussions
views 3234
replies 58
following 29

nvrdoned50   +1y
started out buying my 1988 dodge d50 extra cab for 300 bucks when i was 17. wanted to get the body str8t and a simple bag job and some wheels. thats turned into a full frame off rebuild.

here is the closest stock picture i have

then i saved up the parts to get the back bagged and i took it to LADave from Negative Camber to do the work.

right before it left to get bagged

c-notched and ready for the 4link

back fully bagged, shocks on, painted and complete

trailer fenders fitted for the front

full lift in the rear also bought a set of z71 wheels

new bed...in better condt than my old one.

then i pulled the truck apart to clean the frame, bag the front, make new crossmembers and a few other things.

i got all the parts saved up to bag the front.so i took it back to LADave and got him to do the work.

reangled ball joints

front bagged, reangled control arms, flipped balljoints..setup to lay on a 245/4520

front at full lift

got the new cab corner put on

1.5'' frame z

lowered body mounts..used a 4link bushing...and this is also how ill get my bodydrop..floor will only be cut about 1''

carrier bearing crossmember finished

and finally all the frame work under the cab is done...all thats left is to drop the front frame horns, mount the fuel cell and air tank

should be putting the cab back on in the next week or so ill update when we get more done
granth   +1y
looks good man.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Nice dude.
22below   +1y
Sweet project
Minty Fresh Maz   +1y
Not the one i thought this was, but glad i clicked on it!

The full tear down seems to be inevitable(sp?) Its always Badass when you can see the finish line, eh!?! How old are you now, anyway? Do you know how you are gonna paint it yet!?!

..\/_Deuces_\/..
vidraggin   +1y
Aah, my first love. Extended Cab D50/Max. I think that this will be my next project if I can find a good candidate.
nvrdoned50   +1y
thanks for all the comments guys!

im 19 right now..i turn 20 in dec

my paint plans are a single color, 2006-2007 honda s2000 blue laguna pearl

i never planned to take it down to the frame but i pulled my tranny to get it fixed, i figured it would be easier to put the motor and tranny back in as one so i pulled the motor, then my core support was bent so i cut it off to put the new one on, then my dad talked me into pulling the cab because i wanted to clean and paint my frame and it was only 4 bolts and before i knew it my whole truck was tore to pieces.
dragngmc   +1y
sweet man, cant wait to see more
whynotfab   +1y
lookin good
nvrdoned50   +1y
ive got escalade wheels and a 70s model toyota 4x4 rear end on the way...should have some more updates sumtime this week