Page 1 of 1
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  s10 pro street...questions

s10 pro street...questions

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 1529
replies 9
following 10

CrossBreed   +1y
Alright, I'm wanting to build a s10 for drag racing. I plan on putting in a 502 big block from my own design BUT i need a stronger frame, any idea where I can get a mandrel bent frame for a s10. Questions though, will a 502 big block fit into an s-10
TwistedMinis   +1y
Edited: 5/13/2007 8:52:05 PM by TwistedMinis

Auto Weld Chassis makes a frame that S10s will bolt to. Comes with a 9" rear end thats pretty narrow and a parrallel 4-link, and Mustang II suspension. They had one on Overhaulin once. I forget what motor they put in it, but it was ridiculous.
bagd454ss   +1y
yeah it will fit. where are you at?
grip   +1y
Strange makes a strut front end that works good.It ties into your roll cage and two small frame rails.You can buy all the frame work but I make my own.
pimptruckman92   +1y
i think it was a blown 572 on the napa truck s10. it was bad
WebCzar   +1y
Edited: 5/13/2007 8:28:42 PM by WebCzar

here ya go - Link to frame company (the NAPA build truck and so much more!)

Cheers..
maximum   +1y
any good chassis shop can build one.i know a bad ass chassis shop that can build anything full frame
BioMax   +1y
A BBC will fit in your engine compartment, if it fits under your hood...

You don't need to build a custom frame, you can just tie the roll cage into the stock frame and it will stiffen the chassis up considerably.
TwistedMinis   +1y
You can fit a big block in an S10. My uncle had an S10 blazer with a 454 that fit under a cowl hood. He had no control arms to worry about with the headers though, that might make a big difference.
impulse   +1y
Art Morrison?
Page 1 of 1