Page 2 of 4
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  Big Brakes on S10

Big Brakes on S10

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 8608
replies 38
following 21

billybob   +1y
when i asked wilwood about this same swap i was told the new rotors would stick out about 1/2 to 1 inch on each side , just curious if you had the same problem?
TADILLAC   +1y
Edited: 12/23/2007 11:26:06 PM by RADD TADD

i got the same for my blazer
minitrucker04   +1y
i need a big brake kit, like a mofo
BaggedMazda87   +1y
I can only find the kit for $827.95.

Part #140-8582D

Did the price go up or am I just missing something?

relaxednoma   +1y
I'd personally like to upgrade the rotors to slotted units and figure out what calipers i can use with some nicer pads. I have a blazer X rear for the truck.
lunatiksblazer   +1y
first off guys im sorry i have not been the forums alot the 2nd engineering degree is killin me, work, and full chassis build aint much time.

First: scott i think i have one of the rear ends laying around and i can take a look when i get a min and see what i dream up and pm you some ideas

second: tyler the summit part number i got was WIL-140-8582 and there still $726 but so you know there 12.19 solid rotors the kit number you have is the crossdrilled and slotted, so thats your choice.

well everyone id like to apologize for not helping sooner, but feel free to pm or post on here cause ill have the replies forwarded to my email...im finishing my rear end this weekend (keep your figuires crossed) and hoping to set body next weekend so if everything works out ill have pics up of the whole front brake system, and the bracket change that i haev to make since the bolt holes are diff on the s10 spindles then camaros i post a cad print of the bracket to help everyone.
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Yeah thanks man, i'd be interested in what exactly you gotta do for the bracket too, thnaks again

BaggedMazda87   +1y
Also, would the 3" offset hat for the rear end be too much offset?

I've heard of people having to machine or grind some flange or something but i was looking at the Dynalite II bracket, steel 3" OS brake hat, Wilwood Dynalite 1.75" 4 piston 1.25" rotor calipers, and wilwood 11.75" x 1.25" drilled rotors from speedway motors for the rear, is there any reason that wouldn't work?

lunatiksblazer   +1y
tyler pm me, but if u can wait till i have one of those rotor in hand ill give u every dimension you want....because i know wilwood does not list their kits for certain application its by offset and flange style so i wanted to look at one before i made this suggestion
relaxednoma   +1y
Thatd be awesome, I appreicate it, I know what you mean about being really busy, just whenever you get a chance.