Page 1 of 2
Body work and Paint \  Nason Urethane Paints

Nason Urethane Paints

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 2230
replies 10
following 8

97hrdbdy   +1y
Has anyone used Dupont's Nason line of urethane paint?I have used their Chromabase System color/clear and some of the Nason primer's before and liked both. I was considering using Nason color/clear for my daily driver.Any good or bad experiences???
97hrdbdy   +1y
Anybody with experience using Nason???
baggednshaved   +1y
i own a custom paint shop in Mo. and i have used them before and i don't like that line of their paint. I had problems with it getting foggy on me (several times) and having to re-do the piece, so i wouldnt suggest you use it...just remember better product, better finish, and it will last longer. so if you are comfortable using chromabase then use that..if you are worried about clears being too much use 7900 clear and it works great and its not a whole lot of money.
bodydropped85   +1y
nason clear cant remember the number we use, but nason is really just duponts old forumulas...
MIDWEST DRAGFEST   +1y
Originally posted by baggednshaved

i own a custom paint shop in Mo. and i have used them before and i don't like that line of their paint. I had problems with it getting foggy on me (several times) and having to re-do the piece, so i wouldnt suggest you use it...just remember better product, better finish, and it will last longer. so if you are comfortable using chromabase then use that..if you are worried about clears being too much use 7900 clear and it works great and its not a whole lot of money.

i heard of this problem if you use the single stage nothin really bad about there regular lines of paint from what i hear
2480   +1y
The Nason 496-00 or the 497-00 is pretty decent stuff. I don't use it on a full vehicles though, I mainly use it on test panels. It sands,buffs really good and it's cheap.
surealcivic   +1y
i didnt hear nothing too bad about nason but i would personally just go with duponts new line its not expensive either
slammedcivicsi   +1y
Nason isnt that bad, I wouldnt hesitate using the basecoat for a complete paint job, but the colour matches for spot repairs are awful. I Would use a nicer clear though if you plan on having the paint job for a few years. Nason clear doesnt have the hold out that other clears do. The 7900 Ive had problems with shine on some jobs. Personally I would just go with a 72500 from chromapremier. Or I would use the G2-4700 from dupont. Its a production clear but its fairly thick, and has a nice mil build to it. It withstands rockchips fairly well.

-Brad
200bodydroppedrangr   +1y
I used nason primer and base and used cromaclaer on my white altima it came out great. that was 3 years ago. in body shop class it was $190 with my student discount for all my supplies.
bodydropped85   +1y
yea we use the chromapremier color mixing system. we use the 497 on everything, even all overs. havnt had a problem out of it atall.