Page 1 of 2
Car Care \  Cleaning under the hood

Cleaning under the hood

Car Care Q & A
views 817
replies 10
following 11

twistedsdime   +1y
What does everyone else use to help clean everything under the hood. Talking mainly about dirt and dust.
TOYZRUS   +1y
I use the purple stuff from Autozone...ahhhh Superclean but you dilute it alot...it can spot polished aluminum.
droppedtoy   +1y
scrubbing bubbles (yes the bathroom cleaner). don't laugh until you try it. i laughed when i first heard it, but i know better now. it cleans everything and harms nothing.
Project_Overkill   +1y
Edited: 5/9/2007 6:25:33 AM by Kruznlow69

Best stuff ever is "simple green MAX" its in a black bottle, says "automotive use" on it. buy a bottle or two (cheap like 3bux) and a parts washer brush and soak your engine, scrub and respray, scrub, respray etc. took me about an hour at the wash but the results speak for themselves.. leaves a clean, new look not greasy!

b4

after
Uncle Fester   +1y
Originally posted by Kruznlow69

Edited: 5/9/2007 6:25:33 AM by Kruznlow69

Best stuff ever is "simple green MAX" its in a black bottle, says "automotive use" on it. buy a bottle or two (cheap like 3bux) and a parts washer brush and soak your engine, scrub and respray, scrub, respray etc. took me about an hour at the wash but the results speak for themselves.. leaves a clean, new look not greasy!

b4

after

That turned out great, want to come wash mine lol. Thanks for the ideas guys, I need to clean mine also.
sideshizzle   +1y
I'm going to keep my eye on this topic because I have alot of chrome and polished stuff under my hood and don't know what to use to keep it all nice looking.
buckey   +1y
rinse with soap and water, then dry with leaf blower, then spray with wd-40 and wipe off runs and excess and do your rubber parts and hoses with armor all or something to shine. look at my profile shot of engine and see.
Project_Overkill   +1y
i've heard of armorall under the hood but wd40? that doesnt sound like a good idea, i wouldnt put that near paint and chrome etc???
Wakeboard03S10   +1y
I cannot stress enough to anyone do not use any kinda greasy chemical on belts. I had some idiot kid working for my detailing business and I let him do a job on his own and the owner of the car came back and said his belts were slipping. I ended up having to replace his belt because dumbass that I had working for me put armorall all over the entire engine shinning it up.
LowOrange88   +1y
tried the scrubbing bubbles trick....it worked pretty good.