Page 1 of 2
Body work and Paint \  satin rat rod paint

satin rat rod paint

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 2708
replies 18
following 15

crippled4life   +1y
anyone know how much this cost and who makes the best?
bill brasky   +1y
hot rod flatz

cheaper than 1 stage
ur2highmn   +1y
i have the hot rod flatz on mine, it has gone up in price alot since they first came out, but still a good price/product
ElCadillacKid   +1y
i cringe at the term "rat rod". i agree with hot rod flatz since it's pre-mixed in the can.
roach25681   +1y
Hot rod Flatz is nothing more than Omni Single Stage with flattening agent mixed in. You can get the same colors from your local paint shop for cheaper than you can order the Hot Rod Flatz. If you want to do it right, use whatever base you want for your color, then use either PPG Flexed N Flat Clear, Alsa Soft Feel Clear, or the Dupont version of the flat clear. Adding flattening agent to a regular clear coat will only get you a semi gloss effect. Which is far from what you will be shooting for.
tgilbert94sonata   +1y
So I could go to say the house pain isle in the local Wal-Mart and pick out a color and use it for automotive paint?
crippled4life   +1y
tony i definately would not use any paint from walmart or house paint.is there a link to hot rod flatz site
slamedtoyota   +1y
last i checked i have not found any one stage with flatening agent in pearls and metalics for a 1 gallon and all the hardener and reducer (kit) for as cheap as hotrod flatz i just painted my yota with it and i am in love i used carnival red pearl and i payed 170 shipped with the 1 gallon kit and have a shit load left.

post photo
slamedtoyota   +1y
too buy the 1 gallon base coat pearl and flat clear and the reducer and hardener you are out so much money and even the one stage is bank so i love hot rod flatz
BggdNBdyDrppdJunk   +1y
shiiiiit, scuff that bad boy down and get some ultra flat krylon with the fan tip, as long as you shoot it right its good to go, $3.97 a can, 4 cans for a full size chevy front clip lol