Page 1 of 1
Car Care \  Question about removing vinyl logos from glass

Question about removing vinyl logos from glass

Car Care Q & A
views 424
replies 8
following 7

do_spiderman   +1y
So I took this logo off my window that has been there over 5 years. I got all the glue up with a razor blade and 3M Adhesive Remover. I then went over it with glass cleaner and a razor blade. It looks like its clean until I mist it with glass cleaner again and I can see an impression (for lack of a better word) on the glass from the logo.

What do I need to do to remove it? Should I go over it with .000 steel wool and wax? Any tips?
shawnswhip   +1y
usually glass cleaner and a razor blade works good(but oviously not)...you can try "goo gone" that might work too..sorry.thats all i know of that might help.
bodydropped85   +1y
yup steel wool will get rid of it and polish the glass.
do_spiderman   +1y
I figured as much, thanks man. Guess I am off to Wal-Mart.
do_spiderman   +1y
Not using a brick lol.
Lucky   +1y
ill use the brick for you then
Blitz Noma   +1y
steel wool and some windex.
e10pvmt   +1y
so fromwhat i am understanding all the glue is gone and the window looks clean but you mist it on there and you can still see the area the sicker was in....well after being in signs and graphics for 8 years now there isnt anything you can do....it will eventually work its way out...it has to do with the sun and heat and uv rays....just like if you remove pinstriping or decals off a truck thats more than a week old the glue will come off but when you wash it you will still see where it was......but eventually it will fade an oxidize even with the rest of the truck....its more of a pet peeve than a problem but it will subside with time and washing
Page 1 of 1