Under Construction \  PROJECT: SOMAD

PROJECT: SOMAD

Under Construction General Discussions
views 5178
replies 189
following 80

KEEF   +1y
Edited: 1/27/2007 7:55:09 AM by KEEF

Worked on the frame a lil today got some xmembers fabbed and welded in and started tying front xmember in. Gonna cut ends off it and tie it into frame then build some bag brackets/upper c-arm mounts. Also doin tubular arms. Lays on a 31" tire although im only doin 20's

Started cuttin the xmember up this evening and got it ready to plate and fab upper arm mounts

Got the ends of xmember plated and the upper control arm mounts modified/fabbed and welded in and then went and picked up a 9 inch ford rearend housing/axles for it tonight

Got the front bag brackets fabbed,welded in, and gusseted and a few other small filler panels welded in today. It will still lay a 30" tire with no prob....BTW Firestone bag is for mockup only im running Slams

KEEF   +1y
Anybody got hookup on ART control arms i need some pretty quick now and i can finish frontend.
mmautoworks   +1y
LOOKS NICE
TwistedPhil   +1y
Looks great so far!

It looks like you'll have plenty of drop already, but keep in mind that a Slam Bag doesn't collapse as small as a Firestone- there's 1/4" to 1/2" difference (depending on how perfectly flat it collapses)!
Since you've built more drop than you need into your frame I doubt it will be an issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

-Phil at FBI
KEEF   +1y
Yeah Phil i also put a spacer under the stone when i set it up Thanks man
MIDWEST DRAGFEST   +1y
looks good cant wait too see it actually done
4uh8rs   +1y
KEEF THAT THING WOULD BE COOL IF YOU WOULD EVER FINISH IT ITS LOOKIN GOOD BRO KEEP IT UP
flameds10(tyler)   +1y
lookin good as always, can't wait to see the wheels on that thing ///
KEEF   +1y
Updates comin this week waitin on some parts etc. so ima do alot of the grinding/gusseting and narrow the reaend housing
granth   +1y
looks good brothran. motor is getting built this coming month, and frame may be in the works for the 72