Mazda Trucks \  Difference between b2200 and b2600

Difference between b2200 and b2600

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 15934
replies 22
following 19

dssur   +1y
Originally posted by low mazda

well i had a chance to buy a reg cab 87 mazda 2600. it had the mits engine in it was the only reason i decided not to buy it. but i know for sure it was legit, cuz it had the emblems and stickers under the hood still. and it was a reg cab b2600. carbed mits engine.

who said they didnt make a 2wd 2600? They made them all, short bed, long bed, ext cab, 4x4 ext cab, 4x4 short bed, 4x4 long bed, all were made.

If there was one that WASNT made as a B2600i, it would be the std cab long bed 4x4, that was only available with the mitsu motor.

dragginbagged   +1y
Originally posted by MJAVY7

well there is a LOT of b-series mazdas on here. Now the b2600 is a dit different that a b200 or b2600.

Normaly b2600 is a 4x4 with a 2.6 four cylinder engine and different powertrain all toghether including rear-end diameter and gears.

They are very popular for their body lines. the hood has a pretty hump on it, the fenders are wider than regular. There might be a few things that I am missing. I am sure some one will point them out.

If your husband is a member here more than likely he's going to want to lower it. If so a 4x4 is not the best option. I can be wrong but I don't think they make 2-wheel drive b-2600. If I am wrong someone please advice.

and the wider fenders you speak of are 4x4 fenders, not specifically for a 2600 or 2600i, 4x4 fenders are the same for all the trucks in this series, same with the 2wd
dragginbagged   +1y
to clarify that a little better, all the 4x4 fenders are the same, and all the 2wd drive fenders are the same, but the two are different
lowchick   +1y
So I went and checked it out and it is an 87 and the body it has a few very small dings but nothing major. It has original paint, 2wd, runs good, dash is in great shape, 110,000 miles, new head, low compression pistons, rod bearing, timing chain, tensioners, and guide, plug, plug wires, and distributor cap, improved fuel pump and filter, water pump, radiator flushed, heater control valve, transmission shift valve, exhaust system, thermostat, and tires. It does have a crack in the windshield so I talked him down to $1600. Also the body has not an ounce of rust. Is this a good buy or should I look elsewhere?
low mazda   +1y
i'd buy it, with all that shit being new, it's a steal...
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by low mazda

i'd buy it, with all that shit being new, it's a steal...

2nd'd
mjavy7   +1y
Edited: 1/26/2006 1:44:32 PM by MJAVY7

Originally posted by lowchick

So I went and checked it out and it is an 87 and the body it has a few very small dings but nothing major. It has original paint, 2wd, runs good, dash is in great shape, 110,000 miles, new head, low compression pistons, rod bearing, timing chain, tensioners, and guide, plug, plug wires, and distributor cap, improved fuel pump and filter, water pump, radiator flushed, heater control valve, transmission shift valve, exhaust system, thermostat, and tires. It does have a crack in the windshield so I talked him down to $1600. Also the body has not an ounce of rust. Is this a good buy or should I look elsewhere?

wow that sounds great (in florida anyways). Just the engine has that much money.

Thanks to everyone that helped to clarify my previous post. I actually learned something today.
lowchick   +1y
Alright, looks like i'm picking it up on saturday. Last question that i'm sure russ or someone will be able to answer is, do other parts fit with the b2600? Like can i get a 4x4 b2200 bed, hood, etc. for it? Thanks so much for the help guys.
crux131   +1y
All the body parts should be interchangeable. Only mechanical or motor parts would be model specific.

Suspension parts should be the sam, or very similar and possibly adaptable.
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by crux131

All the body parts should be interchangeable. Only mechanical or motor parts would be model specific.

Suspension parts should be the sam, or very similar and possibly adaptable.

you are right! Suspension, body, interior, all the same. The difference is in the drivetrain, although the rearends will interchange.