I have been working on the mobile version of the site.. got alot fixed.. There are some known issues on android phones. I however do not own an android so i am waiting for bryan (he has several old ones that he is trying to get working for me so i can test). But i have an iPhone so it SHOULD work well on the iPhone. If you guys notice any issues, email me a screen shot or info to email@example.com
It is still under testing but i finished part of the show coverage uploading system. If you search for the event you have coverage for, there is a coverage tab on the show.. that is where all the coverage of that show is. You can add more there.
I will be adding other ways to upload coverage so you don't have to search for it first.. but i may not get that done before West Coast Nats
Today i redid the website home page (desktop version) and fixed several bugs and issues.
We are going to start updating the event section with every event we can find thanks to Meagan Hartung.. .. busy day (i think i did alot more i just don't remember all of it) :)
I am just about to head to bed after working 20 hours straight.. I fixed several bugs.. actually too many to list.. some bigger some small. I am really fighting an uphill battle against facebook. But i'm not giving up.
- I fixed an issue where it was failing when you tried to upload an image that was too large. I removed the size barrier.
- I wrote a script(that is still running and will run all night i assume) that downloads older forum photos and attaches them to the post they belong to. This will ensure that images and links to images will not become broken.
- I added the user info popup that shows up when you move your mouse over someones avatar or name. This will show you what vehicles they drive without having to click on anything. Kinda cool..
- I re-added the year/make/model search feature to the vehicle profiles. The search engine at the top WILL let you search for vehicles fairly easily but i think there are many members that want to search the old way.. so i added it back in.
- I'm sure there are many more but it's late and i forget.. I will post them when/if i remember..
I appreciate everyones comments, so PLEASE, speak up and be heard!
I welcome you to my latest creation :) One thing i would like from all of you, more than anything else.. I'd like you all to tell me what you want to see done next. Tell me your thoughts and ideas. Even if it's just a minor thing.. or you think it's not a big deal.. EVERYTHING is a big deal to me and i want you all to tell me about it! My favorite thing in the world in sentences that start out with "it would be cool if…" or " dude you guys should…, that would rock!". So join the group at www.streetsource.com/Groups/10 and let me know! You have a voice here!
Also, there are a long list of things that i hoped to have done when we launched but didn't have time. So you will see a LOT of new stuff pretty rapidly. And if you guys are helpful in telling me what you like and what should be changed, then it will continue to progress quickly.
Next, I'd like to explain some of the new stuff we are doing here. First of all, we change "owner profiles" into "Builds".. not just the title, but the idea.. We want your builds on Street Source to be living breathing entities that others can subscribe to.
Well, not the best first day.. But it's a very large site and it was completely re-written from scratch (didn't use any of the old code)..
Here is what i have done so far since launch:
- I changed the way comments and topics are displayed. I realized that forcing people to click the "comments" link to view the comments was not a good idea. So i made it so that it displays the last 5 comments with a button to show the others.
- I fixed several bugs. I fixed the updating of Vehicle Profiles, fixed topics posting so it worked smoother and same with comments. Among other bug fixes.
- I Updated the Home page to show the top hot topics
- I am still working.. I will keep everyone informed on my progress. THANKS EVERYONE for your help and nice comments! :)
I fixed several more bugs.. I fixed alot of the old links so they still work on the new site (they just redirect you to the new page)..
I noticed that google and a couple other search engines have noticed the changes and are combing the site updating etc..
I still need everyone to Email me when/if they incounter a problem.. Kris@StreetSource.com